3d effects in rhel6

I installed rhel 6.0 in my laptop but it is not upporting 3d graphics of rhel6 and i am getting an error message
"Accelerated 3d graphics not available
Desktop effects require hardware 3D support."
my laptop is dll studio 1558 and my graphic card is ATI Radeon 5470 with 1 gb dedicated ram.

You may need the proprietary ATI drivers.

I downloaded and installed proprietary ATI drivers and i followed the procedure given in the other thread you posted for susja for the similar query......
after installation of driver and reboot when i went to desktop effects in system tab i got an error that a package has crashed (package is desktop-effects 0.8.4-7.el6) and when i tried install this package from the cd of rhel 6 , i got the message that this package is already installed...........but it is crashed there.......so what should i do.........i tried to download it but i didn,t found it on net......:mad:

is there nobody who can solve my problem.............:rolleyes:

You agreed not to bump posts when you registered here.

crashing doesn't mean it's not installed, crashing means it's not working right. What if you try to UNinstall it? Or just configure your system to not use the ATI drivers.

and how to configure my system like that so that it does not uses ATI drivers and i was not bumping the thread,it was my problem.....You must consider that I am only a beginner in linux.....

That is the very definition of a bump..

The major problem is that I can't see your computer from here...

As for how to uninstall the ATI drivers, how did you install them in the first place?