2007 timezone patches...

could sun make this more complex?

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-26-102775-1

I think I need a 2nd cup to identify what patches I need to address the 2007 timezone changes...
manny

Jeeze, it's not all that bad. Just apply the most current patches for your os

SPARC Platform

* Solaris 8 - 109809 - 108993
* Solaris 9 - 113225 - 112874
* Solaris 10 - 122032 - 119689

x86 Platform

* Solaris 8 - 109810 - 108994
* Solaris 9 - 116545 - 114432
* Solaris 10 - 122033 - 121208

That'll take care of everything except the Bahamas. Keep an eye on the page and when they update the first column, the Bahamas will be correct.

It's not Sun's fault Australia, Canada, the US and the Bahamas are doing some time zone dance.

Australia's changing theirs for a week because of an event
Canada's bringing their timezones in line with the US, just one more step to becoming the United States of North America :slight_smile:
The US's energy policy (*hah*) to change the hours.
The Bahama's also coming into line with the US.

The problem is the changes complicate the time zone file even more since the time routines have to return correct values for this time range or even the one week the Australians kicked.

I have AIX, Red Hat, SuSE, and HP-UX boxes to take into account and the poor guy admining SunOS 2.6 and 7 will need to manually change the times four times a year until the customer decides it's time to upgrade the servers.

Carl

And heck, let's not forget Java. Those need to be upgraded as well. Most of my servers have Java but most are at some horribly low level. 1.2 mainly. I have to coordinate with the apps guys to upgrade those and we only have maintenance windows every two weeks for three hours at 3am on Sunday.

I have all my current servers patches WRT DST and libc. I have one non-production server to go and then the Java stuff.

I wrote a tztest script that runs on all my platforms and returns the server condition. Still getting a Linux bug worked out.

Carl