11i install error

Hi Experts

I have a C3000 workstation onto which I am trying to install 11i however I am running into the following error.

ENTRY_INIT failed, status = -4: Unrecoverable hardware error

(followed by a hex dump)

I have re-tried many times and on one occasion successfully got through to CD 3 of the install before dying at the CD change. This leads me to believe that the CD's at worst must be intermittenly faulty.

Between tries with the 11i CD's I have re-installed 11.0 several times with no problems.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.

Are you sure that version you have is for PA-RISC and not IA-64?
Also, try other CDROM drive.

If nothing helps, it really might be hardware problem...

I burned backup copies of my HPUX install disks after read problems installing on a D370, the backup copies were happily read.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I could read the disks using a Windows machine and so burnt backup copies but unfortunately these failed in the same manner. I have subsequently ordered another 11i media pack from HP which yet again failed with exactly the same error.

I cannot believe the CD drive is faulty as the 11.0 disks I have are read without problem and i have been reinstalling this betwen attemopts with 11i.

I changed the old CD drive out for a newish DVD drive and the disks are read without problem.

Apparently CD drives that are getting old can get selective.