I have a PC running XP, and I have a PC that dual boots W2K and Red Hat Linux 7.3.
I have the two connected via crossover cable, and the two can access each other when both are running windows.
If I were to boot up Linux, can my XP PC telnet to the Linux PC? Any pointers or websites to reference?
Yes, but your linux PC needs to have a telnet daemon installed. Or, actually I think Red hat already has SSH installed by default which is a secure version of telnet.
Yeah, but it depends because if you didnt choose to install telnet when you did the installof red hat, then you do not have it on your red hat. Which, would make the answer no until you installed the telnet daemon.
hi,
well yes u can actually telnet to the unix easily but u cant run any GUI it will give access to login .
regards