How can I monitor the date -a command - e.g. if I enter 'date -a 10' to drift the clock forward by 10sec, how do I know when its completed ? If I run ps -ef|grep date that doesn't seem to work.
Thanks
How can I monitor the date -a command - e.g. if I enter 'date -a 10' to drift the clock forward by 10sec, how do I know when its completed ? If I run ps -ef|grep date that doesn't seem to work.
Thanks
Uh, you run 'date', note the output, run 'date -a 10', then run date again. The clock should be 10 seconds ahead of what it was...
The manual suggests that date -a 'drifts' the system clock forwards / backwards. If the clock is 5 minutes fast and I do 'date -a -300 ' this presumably would drift the clock backwards 300 sec until it was correct - are you saying this happens instantly ?