Hi everybody,
my question is how to run an Access Database under Unix? I need to do that for a Web Application. Links or anything about this topic would be helpful!!!
thanx
luna
Hi everybody,
my question is how to run an Access Database under Unix? I need to do that for a Web Application. Links or anything about this topic would be helpful!!!
thanx
luna
Access is a MS-Windoze product. I'm not
aware of any "UNIX" version. You can run
Windows emulators (i.e. VMware) that may
(or may not) be able to run it but you
will probably only be able to access it via ODBC
(i.e. UnixODBC) but I have never tried this.
Also, I'm assuming you want this running on the
same box that UNIX is on. If they are on different
boxes then UnixODBC will work from one box to
another.
Yes, I've heard about unixODBC and actually I'm trying to figure out if it will work for me. Sorry, but what do you mean with "box"?
My apologies. By "box" I simply mean "computer system".
For instance, You can build a program on a Unix "box" using
UnixODBC to communicate with an Access DB running on
and NT "box".
Sorry for the confusion. 