umount, device busy, but..

I'm trying to unmount a file system, but umount says the device is busy. A fuser -c /myfs tells me that nothing on this fs is in use. Any idea?

Oh, and btw, why isn't my signature beeing displayed? Show user's signature is enabled and I have entered one :confused:

try

umount -f

Thx, but -f isn't an available option for umount.

Please be sure that fuser is getting executed from /usr/bin

have u checked path etc...

Ganti

It's beeing executed in /usr/sbin.
Starting it with the full path returns the same result.

Rather than "fuser -c /mysys", Try the block special file without the -c. Something like:
fuser /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s6

Also try lsof if you have it. I have better luck with lsof than I do with fuser.

what os are you using?

try

fuser -ck

the k option will kill any process or users using up the filesystem

then you could umount

Do a man umount for available options

on solaris 8 umount -f will force a filesystem to unmount.

Thx, but that doesn't work either.
And I don't have lsof.

Strange problem.

Are u in the filesystem /mysys when u gave the command to umount ?

U can get lsof from the net .its free . if u r using Sun they have compiled versions at sunfreeware.com

DP

I'm using Solaris 7.

I tried fuser -ck, but umount still says the device is busy.

umount -f doesn't work in Solaris 7.

May be I should just pull out the cable? :confused:

Try this :

# lockfs /<mount_point>
# fuser -kc /<mount_point>
# umount /<mount_point>