Timezone Problems

Hi all,

i have running an hp-ux a-class server with hp-ux 11.00.

All users without root are using the wrong timezone. root is using METDST, all others are using EDT.

I have checked /etc/profile /etc/TIMEZONE /etc/ntp.conf and the .profiles from the users. But there is no failure...

Is there anyone with an idea??? :confused:

Did you login as an unprivileged user to see if there are any errors during login?

It is not assumed that every users (including root) should see same single Time Zone in one system. So there is basically nothing wrong there.
Specifically in your case, if you want root useing same TZ as EDT, what provents you from changing METDST to EDT?

Tom

If you use an invalid value for TZ in HP-UX, then it defaults to EDT.

I didnt logged in as an unauthorized user, but i will try it.

And yes, the default timzone on hpux is edt. I didnt understand why the users during login procedure didnt source /etc/TIMEZONE or /etc/profile. Now i have created /etc/default/tz with MET-1METDST in it, it works.

thx all for helping! :slight_smile: