SQL admin tool

Hi experts,

I'm looking for a specific DB admin tool.
I'm not looking for complicated BPM(business process management) software,
what I need is just some additional functionality embedded within DB admin tool.

What I need is the
1.Approvement system - whenever there is a request/need for new record, it needs approval from separate user before record gets updated
2.Audit - logging changes made by separate users

Commercial solution is also acceptable.

Thank you

Usually, you write that stuff, usually specific to the RDBMS.

  • With triggers and signalling, you can divert or mark and hide from a view unapproved rows, send notification, queue for approval, move/unmark on approval. Hide from view ensures that it already conforms to constraints, but divert to queue table is more secure.
  • With triggers and individual logins, you can log all table changes against the user. If you design the app as mainly insert-only, you have 100% history and other advantages.

Hi thanks

In case I don't want to write that stuff, there is not really such a software on the market?

Might also be on the market as an application or API. Some friends and I were speculating on creating a generic database, where best practices are done by us as a service and the user just does their thing. I thought it might be insert-only under the covers, with log following replication.

Any ideas someone?