Hi,
Can anyone please help me how to get the "since" command working in aix? It seems that it doesn't come by default...
Do I have to download specific binaries for this to make it work in aix?
Please advise..
Thanks.
Hi,
Can anyone please help me how to get the "since" command working in aix? It seems that it doesn't come by default...
Do I have to download specific binaries for this to make it work in aix?
Please advise..
Thanks.
---------- Post updated at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:16 PM ----------
You might write your own, as an "ls -lL your_file" tells you the current size more cheaply and "tail -c +size your_file" will get the new stuff past that size, just the same.
I guess that helps..
Thanks DG!!
Once I wrote an OS/390 C application like "tail -f", to forward data by MQ as it was appended on a remote NFS mounted file, for a near-real-time database load. It turned out to be great for several reasons: reliable backup data log, easy development, testing, restart and no network code in the sending or receiving apps. No appreciable delay, either. (I did sleep(1), close, reopen and seek every time I hit EOF, to ensure the local NFS file status was up to date, so I guess it was "since" or "tail -f" on steroids. 