Hi,
I am currently using Unix solaris server. I need to send a sms to my mobile whenever the CPU usage exceeds the threshold. I tried using mail command its not working. I am using Vodafone sim. Can anyone help me to find this as soon.
And also exactly i don't know the SP name for vodafone.
Most carriers have web sites to send sms for you. They vary by target carrier, but there may be independents that figure it out on their own. Google is your friend. Vodafone Free2TXT | Send free text messages to Vodafone NZ Mobiles | Vodafone NZ
Or use a mail to sms gateway, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List\_of\_SMS_gateways
Thanks for your reply. But its not working, can you tel me the exact steps that needs to be done to get this working. Please provide the format of commands or scripts to do this.
Can you send mail out of your solaris host at all? (to an external email address)
Yeah i sent mail from solaris server to external mail...its working. But sms is not working........
Not sure what to tell you. I know the mail gateways work fine for us. Some mail sms gateways are protected nowadays though. So it all depends on your provider.
Show us what you have tried. If there were any error messages, paste them exactly as they were.
Regards,
Alister
SMS gateways are a spam target, so I would not be surprised to see protections.
Check with your operator. Probably they able to deliver sms to you using special email like YOUR_NUMBER@operator.net. Sometimes it is activated by default, sometimes you have to ask them to activate it.