I will be upgrading a Solaris 10 (11/06 u3) server to 09/10 u9. I am aware of all the patching necessary and the Live Upgrade procedure for this.
This system has VxVM (5.0) installed and used for managing SAN data disks only. Root disk(s) are not encapsulated. The info I can find on this type of upgrade is for systems that have the root disk encapsulated.
What I'm afraid of is that the Live Upgrade will interfere somehow with the VxVM binaries and I won't be able to see my data disks. Does anyone know if Live Upgrade will touch the VxVM installation? Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the response. After looking around it appears that a previous administrator did this with another server. The system was upgraded w/ Live Upgrade and pkginfo shows the Veritas packages weren't re-installed. So it appears that VxVM won't be touched.
I had previously read the document you linked to, and it mentions that you should use veritas' vxlustart and vxlufinish tools which I don't have because we are unsupported. I don't even have the installation media to reinstall if necessary. That's why I'm woriied I do have the license keys and serial numbers though.
I am also going to install patch cluster on my Solaris-10 coming weekend. But root disk is encapsulated within veritas. Please share with me, if you used lucreate/luupgrade or vxlustart.
If lu creates a problem with VxVM, then I can unencapsulate root disk and then can go ahead. Should that be fine ?