Hello
Please I ask if it is possible to recover data that is stored on a remote machine that I access via ssh on a usb ? if so, how?
Thank you so much
Hello
Please I ask if it is possible to recover data that is stored on a remote machine that I access via ssh on a usb ? if so, how?
Thank you so much
man scp
On a USB what?
I think he means he carries around putty or somesuch on the USB stick with him.
You can carry around pscp.exe too and use it like
pscp username@host:remote-file local-file
I have two machines M1 and M2 (ubuntu). I connect to M2 from M1 via ssh I want to recover files from M2 on an usb (flash disk) connected to the machine M1
scp, sftp et al use ssh protocol to connect. pscp is a form of scp, you can use the same on most any UNIX:
scp username@remote-host:remote-file local-file
You can also do something like this to transfer a folder:
ssh username@host tar -cf - /path/to/folder | tar -C /path/to/usbdrive/ -xf -
Or even just
ssh username@host cat /path/to/filename > local-filename