Our system is an HP RP5470 11.11. We have had remote printing working for over 6 years. We use NetManage ViewNow software on our Windows client as the LPD. We had no problems with remote printing for any HP printer except for the HP LAserJet 1000. Nothing prints. I sent all the files in the /opt/hpnpl/testfiles directory per HP Support and nothing prints.
On my Windows XP PC, I checked "Keep Printed Documents" in the "Advanced" tab of the properties of the printer and when I send a print job from Unix, I see the entry in the printer queue with a status of "printing" and then after a few seconds, the status changes to "printed" and nothing actual prints. If I disconnect the cable from the printer and send a print job, I get a message the printer cannot be found on my PC (cable problem). This tells me it is sending the printout to the proper printer. I went to hp.com and downloaded the latest drivers for the HP LaserJet 1000 and the same problem.
The printer cable attached is an HP cable #Q1342-60001, part no APFM-0001, log no 03032512. This is a special 25-pin male to USB cable. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks
Bob