print image files to variety printer models

Hi,

I am currently working on a windows platform (2000 and XP) and was wondering if there are today solutions for the task I have.

I need to print image files onto a variety of inkjet printer models, most epson non-postscript. Some of the models I know but new models are added almost every week. De windows printer drivers coming with those printers do not allowe me to do what I want and therefore in most cases useless for my purposes.

The only way I know to bypass this window drivers is the use of Rip's who are not quit inexpensive and also do not support all the printers I need to print to.

Now I am thinking if Ghostscript would be a generic solution what can handle this task. Is there anyone who knows enough from this free to use postscript program who can point me in the right direction? Even if I would prefer to keep the windows platform I am not unwilling to change to unix or linux if this is absolutely a must. Again, the files I need to the printers are solely image or pdf files.

Any feedback is highly appreciated

jokofix007