Postfix as smtp server

hi guys

I have to configure a SMTP server using Postfix, ok let me tell the domain is located at godaddy so my smtp postfix server has to use that domain let's say mycompany.com

so anyone knows how to configure postfix using this way?
or postfix is easy to configure?

thanks a lot

If it is easy or not depends on if you have simple demands or not. What exactly did you expect to get as an answer? And what exactly are we supposed to tell you knowing only your desired domain name?

I suggest you get some how-to (introduction documents) for Postfix, read it and then start working. If you have a real question we might be able to answer it, but right now your "question" amounts to: can you do my work for me. The answer to that is: yes.

bakunin

well I already configure postfix following this guide

Postfix Mail Server Configuration

my doubt is that my customer says that I have to include accounts in my email configuration

he says I have to include

service_support@companyname.com
it_support@companyname.com
and so on like 6 accounts

and checking the postfix configuration

mydomain = example.com 
myorigin = $mydomain 
myhostname = mail.example.com
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost, localhost.$mydomain 
mynetworks = 192.168.3.0/24 
inet_interfaces = all

I have no idea where to put those

thanks

---------- Post updated at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:09 AM ----------

found it just using adduser command

---------- Post updated at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:38 AM ----------

one last thing guys

I am able to send email to my gmail account doing this, changing values accordingly to send email to gmail

telnet Welcome to companyname.com - your best source for business information, resources, and services. Start your business now! 25
Trying x.x.x.x...
Connected to Welcome to companyname.com - your best source for business information, resources, and services. Start your business now! (x.x.x.x).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 Welcome to companyname.com - your best source for business information, resources, and services. Start your business now! ESMTP Postfix>
EHLO companyname.com
250-www.companyname.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
MAIL FROM: <adminit@companyname.com>
250 2.1.0 Ok
RCPT TO: <karlos@gmail.com>
250 2.1.5 Ok
DATA
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
I just wanted to send some test mail to karlos
.
250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as B95C8110064
QUIT

but I am not able to reply to the address adminit@companyname.com

I get this

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
adminit@companyname.com
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (state 13).

Does user adminit exist at companyname.com? Entering it as MAIL FROM address doesn't mean it does, does it?