Not connected to the internet so I would like to set up 1 unix machine to be the ntp server and have it sync time to about 30 other machines that are all on an private 10net network?
If using HP-UX, try 'man 1m xntpd' to get yourself started.
Cheers,
Cameron
you can setup what's referred to as a "Undisciplined Local Clock"; like most things, it's a tad tricky, until you understand the entire setup. however, it's highly recommended to use 3 peer servers, not just one; I wouldn't use a solaris system, in this setup, as they freq's wander more than some others.
This is ok, if you just want all systems to have the "same" time, not necessarily the most accurate time.
Yes I am just looking to have all systems with the same time not necessarily the most accurate time. I am still a dummy with this but will try to read the man pages and see what I can do.
Has anyone written a script for doing this? Maybe one that would just ask for the machines ip or hostname and would automaticlly go out and set the times on those machines?