Network Access on Different Segment

I do have 2 different segment network which different platform on each segment. E.g. 20 segment, Windows OS can talk to Unix OS and 21 segment practice same rule. Further more, Windows OS from 20 segment can talk to 21 segment other OS but only the UNIX OS in 20 segment fail to talk to 21 segment.

Do anyone know how to troubleshooting this issue?

First guess, there is no/an incorrect default route configured for these machines.

Try netstat -rn to see if there is a default route established.

Hi,

I do issue command netstat -rn, and I get the result but I notice that is unclear part (see attachment).

The second destination 170.95.25.240 show the gateway is 127.0.0.1 but our gateway is other value 170.95.25.250. May I know what is the meaning? And how do I change it?

Thank

hello,

you dont have to specify a default route - but do create route to your LAN 20

route add -net <lan20/mask> gw <gateway> dev <dev> <metric>

or :

route --help will do :slight_smile:

cheers...