But I am receiving the follow message when use the ufsdump command:
[\u@\h]:$PWD>ufsdump 0fu /dev/rmt/0n /orarev_ap01
DUMP: `/orarev_ap01' is not on a locally mounted filesystem
DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.
I think that I cant do backups on remote resources using ufsdump....
But that can I do for resolve to get the backup using tape resources on remote filesystems?
To perform remote backups across the network,the system with tape drive must have a entry in its ./rhosts file ....
syntax:#ufsdump 0uf hostname:/dev/rmt/0 backupfilename
Not true. ufsdump can be done this way. NFS mount your target host onto the system that you are backing and run it. It WILL work. I have done it several times. Maybe some big diff in NFS versions?
Once again, the open poster issue is misunderstood ...
It would probably have helped if the thread title had been correctly phrased "Making backup from remote mounted filesystem".