Make: Couldn't load Shell.

i am compiling C++ source Code in HP-UX.

It got errored as

=== All packages are configured
=== 1 (normal speed) 0 (fast speed)
Making target [ install ] for package [ dbm_api ]
No suffix list.
Make: Couldn't load Shell.  Stop.
*** Error exit code 1
Stop.
Error: terminated due to error [1]

It got compiled early also ...........
It is not problem with the Code because it is getting compiled in other boxes solaris etc ...

What could be the issue ?

I think it is some shell problem ..

What shell are you using?

I am using 'ksh' .....

Need some assitance on these

Please can you "echo $SHELL" and "grep $USER: /etc/passwd" and check the shell entry,
and "ls -l $SHELL" just to check perms.

Cheers

For Echo $SHELL

/Odr/rt123/CLR-2260/dbm_api>echo $SHELL
/bin/ksh

grep $USER: /etc/passwd
username:encrypted password:129:20:user info:/home2/rt123:/usr/bin/sh

ls -l $SHELL

-r-xr-xr-x 2 bin bin 159744 Jun 17 2009 /bin/ksh

These are the results for cmd.

Let me know more things required.

Does the Makefile hard-code any SHELL or call any binaries that dont exist ?

Makefile content

I believe it is the line:

SHELL = ksh

Probably should be:

SHELL = /bin/ksh

I would put path's on everything