log4j - my unix version

Hi,

I am starting to do a log4j framework but with unix shell script. So, this framework, will create the log file, will put all info in there, and will close the log file.
He will only work whenever he is called by the father script.
Now, I want him to be able to work with different father scripts at the same time.
But since the father script will only pass the log type, how can I know on which log file should he write?

I don't know if I make myself understood.

Thanks,

Pipoca

Do you mean something like log4sh?

Yeah....something like that.... :wink:
Have you ever used that?

---------- Post updated at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:45 AM ----------

Hey,it doesn't support bash shell... :frowning:

Read the site again (emphasis added):

I didn't saw that. I went to the html.

Thanks,

Pipoca

---------- Post updated at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:51 AM ----------

Hi Pudi,

can I ask you one question? To use this tool I only need the log4sh script, no? Our I need the other's files also?

Thanks,

Pipoca

Probably you'll only need the log4sh file. At least I didn't see anything to the contrary in the documentation when I skimmed it.

You're the man.....thanks a lot....really thanks....

:slight_smile: