Linux Server Instalation

Hello,
I am new to Linux. I have just purchased Apple MACPRO with 12 core, 32 GB RAM, 2TB hard drive, MAC OS Lion installed. I want to install Linux server on this machine.And can I run both MAC OS Lion and Linux Server side by side ? Can I put all my data at one place and use that data from any OS ?

Can anybody guide me how to install Linux server on this MACPRO.

Any help Appreciated.

Thank you.

google for "mac bootcamp" or start here.

Thanks for your reply.
Bootcamp want allow me to run both OS parellel .

But I am looking for another solution.

Virtualisation?

vmware Fusion is excellent on the Mac. There are other options, Parallels and VirtualBox to name a couple.

Thank you for your reply Scottn.

VMware will do. But will it give full access to both OS a same Disk usage, memory, and processing power ?

I mean MAC OS got 12 core 2.66Ghz, 32 GB RAM n 2 TB HD. Will Ubuntu on VMware get the same power virtually ?

There is no issue with sharing your Mac disk with the Linux VM, but for memory and CPU there are limitations to what you can allocate to the VM.