httpd error

I installed FreeBSD6.x and apache2.x using gzip the tar files.i then gave ./configure command.It is know that by default apache2 will be created in /usr/local/apache2 but when i give ./configure command apache2 is not created and iam not able to execute apachectl start it says command not found.please help me

Be sure that wether the gcc modules are there in ur system r not using the following command.

                 \# rpm -q gcc*

and
#find /usr -name apachectl ---- check whrere the apachectl command present.may be in /usr/../../bin/apachectl restart

let me know any Queriies.

I just deleted the folder and carried all the steps from gunzip to ./configure.Now /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -v command shows the version of apache and date.I think its working.
my next problem is i have to connect this unix system to a network.Actually unix system was a system with windowx xp, we formated it and installed freebsd.Now i need to connect to the network, how to follow.thanks in advance