I have 3 server 'farms': prod, staging, and qa. I have Ganglia setup and gathering stats fine, but I want to separate the 3 server farms using the same Ganglia server. How can I do this?
Any input would be appreciated!
-KBS
I have 3 server 'farms': prod, staging, and qa. I have Ganglia setup and gathering stats fine, but I want to separate the 3 server farms using the same Ganglia server. How can I do this?
Any input would be appreciated!
-KBS
Hey there.
you should create 3 different clinet files and edit the server conf file.
in client file: /etc/gmond.conf
change the name of the cluster ( prod, staging, qa ) and the port (8691,8692,8693)
copy client conf file to each correspoing client,and run:
/sbin/service gmond restart
change:
cluster {
name = "prod"
owner = "yourname"
latlong = "unspecified"
url = "unspecified"
}
udp_send_channel {
mcast_join = 239.2.11.71
port = 8691
ttl = 1
}
udp_recv_channel {
mcast_join = 239.2.11.71
port = 8691
bind = 239.2.11.71
}
tcp_accept_channel {
port = 8691
}
in client file: /etc/ganglia/gmetad.conf
add the data_source for of the each cluster ( prod, staging, qa ) and the port (8691,8692,8693) with at least one clinet from that farm.
data_source "prod" 10 prod-client-hostname:8691
data_source "staging" 10 staging-client-hostname:8692
data_source "qa" 10 qa-client-hostname:8693
once you changed the server file run:
/sbin/service gmetad restart
now, refresh the web client....
enjoy
-J