Hello,
I can remove duplicate entries in a file by:
sort File1 | uniq > File2
but how can I remove duplicates without sorting the file?
I tried cat File1 | uniq > File2 but it doesn't work
thanks
Hello,
I can remove duplicate entries in a file by:
sort File1 | uniq > File2
but how can I remove duplicates without sorting the file?
I tried cat File1 | uniq > File2 but it doesn't work
thanks
Many ways using awk or perl. Search this site using the duplicates keyword.
Before my post I found on an older post
awk ' !x[$0]++' Infile > outFile
but it was giving syntax errors when exectued.
Then I changed awk to nawk and it worked.
thanks
You don't need a sort and uniq for removing duplicates
same can be accomplished by "-u" option
sort -u filename > new.filename
try to use nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk