How to merge two .doc files from different servers.?

Folks,

I would like to know how to merge two .doc files from different servers.

For example,

df -h > host1.doc --> from host1
df -h > host2.doc --> from host2

Now i want to merge these different server details into single .doc file.

Pls let me know, if any questions...

Regards,
Sri

Hi,

You'll need them on the same server, then you just need a command like;

cat host1.doc host2.doc > all_hosts.doc

I'm assuming that you have just chosen the Microsoft ".doc" extension as an example. As Word documents have other information that will need to be stripped away or the documents converted to a text format for that to work.

Regards

Dave

Hello seenuvasan,

Please donot post same questions in different new threads this will be considered as bumping up the posts, actual thread is going on as follows link. http://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/250838-how-merge-multiple-data-files-single-file.html

I request to admin team to kindly take a look to tis thread if needed please close the thread.

Thanks,
R. Singh