How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX?
means I'll run pgm from one directory , but getcwd() should return path which I want to be, which is not d current dir

How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX?
means I'll run pgm from one directory , but getcwd() should return path which I want to be, which is not d current dir

U can try cd .. thats shud work
else try using USE
In VC++ we can set the path in project =>swttings=>working directory.
What if we want 2 do same in UNIX.
i.e.
our source files are at diff location.
We have to copy executable to required diff location and run it.
if u r trying to execute the file, u can use makefiles where u can define the paths of different files and corresponding executables to be formed.
Thanks a lot Swarna 
Adding to Swarna's comment,
I guess your application is built in some location and your are trying to run the
same binary in dbx in a different directory.
As the actual binary is built in some other location,the references to your source
files will be that of the build location.
Assume i have a build machine,with source,include,make,bin directory,
/user/builds/src
/user/builds/inlcude
/user/builds/make
/user/builds/bin
The binary so built will have references the /user/builds/src & /user/builds/inlcude directories.
In case u want to debug the actual binary in some other location say by copying it to /home/test/bin
As the actual binary still has references to the /user/builds/src and /user/builds/include
You require the pathmapping,
In the dbx initialization file ie ~/.dbxrc
Add the below lines,
pathmap /user/builds/src /path/to/yourlocal/src
For more on pathmap,
help pathmap
Using "use" in dbx is deprecated.You may have to use pathmap instead.
Hope this helps,
Thanks
Nagarajan Ganesan.