I have a file name in this format
ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD_00.DAT
I need to cut out the _00 out of the file name everytime. It could be _00, _01,_02, etc ....
How do I cut it out to look as follows?
ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD.DAT
I have a file name in this format
ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD_00.DAT
I need to cut out the _00 out of the file name everytime. It could be _00, _01,_02, etc ....
How do I cut it out to look as follows?
ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD.DAT
A possible solution :
$ echo ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD_00.DAT | sed 's/_[0-9][0-9]\././'
ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD.DAT
$
Jean-Pierre.
The letters YYYYMMDD are actually going to be a date 20070531. So that will not work.
Actually aigles solution would work. To make it look better.
echo ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD_00.DAT | sed 's/_..\.DAT/.DAT/g'
A little bit more secure:
echo ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD_00.DAT | sed 's/__[0-9][0-9]\.DAT$/.DAT/g'
Jean-Pierre.
just one way, assuming extension .DAT or other 3 letter extension
#string="ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD_00.DAT"
#echo ${string%_*DAT}${string:(-4)}
ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD.DAT
thanks for your help