Help with mkisofs

Hello,

I am attempting to recreate an iso from a set of files. At this point I seem to be stuck on the creation process. I have reviewed man mkisofs, which returns genisofs. Below is the actual command, and what each piece of information seems to provide

mike@presario:~$ sudo mkisofs
-V "LAMPPIX" -r -J -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c /home/mike/master/isolinux/boot.cat -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o /home/mike/lamppix-mini-own.iso

I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
genisoimage: Missing pathspec.
Usage: genisoimage [options] -o file directory ...

sudo mkisofs -V "LAMPPIX" Sets the Volume Name
-r Generate Rock Ridge Directory information
-J Specifies to use the Joliet directory info
-b isolinux/isolinux.bin Set El Torito boot image name
-c /home/mike/master/isolinux/boot.cat This is the only file that is named boot.cat in a original iso files
-boot-load-size 4 Likely a cmd for making it bootable ?
-boot-info-table Likely a cmd for making it bootable ?
-o /home/mike/lamppix-mini-own.iso Set a full path to where to create the final iso

All four of the original folders are contained in /home/mike/master. Some other postingstate the -o option as relative ( relative to what I'm not clear, others state when in doubt use the full path). Also the working directory is set to /home/mike when this command is run.

Can anyone explain my error with the -o option, or point me to docs that have worked for them.

Thank you,

mg92865

What is the input directory?

In one of the many version I have attempted, I actually had the command as

-o /home/mike/lamppix-mini-own.iso /home/mike/master

inside of the master folder are the four folders that actually appear in the original iso (which works). However, when I add this line, the error with the
-o line disappears, and the program complains it cannot locate the catalog which I assume is supplied by the -c option.

-c /home/mike/master/isolinux/boot.cat

If I offer this up, then it complains it is the wrong type of file. Any suggestions are appreciated so I can learn this command

mg92865