Hi guys. I had alot of luck last time I came here but not so much this time. I've searched around the forums for awhile but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Here is my problem.
I wrote a program that askes the user some questions. Then based off the info they entered it looks to find if a lead came in through our archives. What I need to do is when it finds $unique in the file then search UP to find the word Event arrived and display that. It isn't a set number of lines above. it can be from 1 - 100 lines above.
Archive:
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Event arrived 13:45
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
$unique
#!/bin/sh
############################################################
# Project: Search for Leads
# Date: 2-26-08
# Name: Adam Fowler
############################################################
clear
folder=workingdir
echo "This program will help you search for leads"
echo ""
echo "What month was the lead sent? Use 2 numbers"
read month
echo "What day was the lead sent? Use 2 numbers"
read day
echo "What hour was the lead sent? Use 2 numbers in 24hr"
read hour
echo "What do you want to search for?"
read unique
cd /usr/local/vitria/BW31/backups/archiveU174/
cp Partners.Leads.channels.UnprocessedEmail.2008-$month-$day\_$hour* $folder
cp Partners.Leads.channels.EmailIn.2008-$month-$day\_$hour* $folder
cp B2B.Outbound.CMHttpsHigh.channels.Out.2008-$month-$day\_$hour* $folder
cd $folder
zipped="B2B.Outbound.CMHttpsHigh.channels.Out.2008-$month-$day"_"$hour.gz Partners.Leads.channels.EmailIn.2008-$month-$day"_
"$hour.gz Partners.Leads.channels.UnprocessedEmail.2008-$month-$day"_"$hour.gz"
zipped2=`echo *.gz`
if [ "$zipped2" = "$zipped" ]
then
echo "Unzipping files..."
gunzip *.gz
echo "Done unzipping"
fi
echo "*********************************Inbound"******************************************
fgrep "$unique" Partners.Leads.channels.EmailIn.2008-$month-$day\_$hour*
Search for $unique in the file
Search up for the words "Event arrived"
echo "*********************************Outbound"******************************************
fgrep "$unique" B2B.Outbound.CMHttpsHigh.channels.Out.2008-$month-$day\_$hour*
Search for $unique in the file
Search up for the words "Event arrived"
echo "****************************Outbound for Unparced***********************************"
fgrep "$unique" Partners.Leads.channels.UnprocessedEmail.2008-$month-$day\_$hour*
Search for $unique in the file
Search up for the words "Event arrived"
rm Partners.Leads.channels.EmailIn.2008-$month-$day\_$hour*
rm B2B.Outbound.CMHttpsHigh.channels.Out.2008-$month-$day\_$hour*
rm Partners.Leads.channels.UnprocessedEmail.2008-$month-$day\_$hour*
echo "************************************************************************************"
echo "*You should see a result for Inbound and outbound *"
echo "*If you see more than 1 of each of these then find something else to search for *"
echo "*They may have sent the lead multiple times. Check to see if the leads are the same*"
echo "*If you see it in inbound and nothing else then contact RIH support and tell *"
echo "*them everything that you entered for the search. *"
echo "************************************************************************************"