I am having a bit of trouble plotting a histogram in gnuplot. I am trying to use it to draw bars side by side. The first bar is from column five in my data file. The second bar is actually three bars stacked on top of each other and should be as tall as the first bar. The data is from the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th column of the same data file.
# GPLOT.PL pseudo commands for GNUPLOT"
## IF TYPE eq ps set terminal postscript landscape color
## IF TYPE eq eps set terminal postscript eps color
set terminal png xFFFFDD size 1280,800
## IF TYPE eq png set terminal png
## IF TYPE eq pbm set terminal pbm
set output "bars.png"
set xlabel "Date"
set ylabel "Gigabytes"
set multiplot
set autoscale
set border 3
set yrange [0:70000]
set xtics border nomirror rotate
set xtics ("8/22/2011" 8/22/2011, "8/23/2011" 8/23/2011)
set ytics border nomirror
set origin 0.0,0.0
set title "BARCHART"
set style data histogram
set style histogram rows
set style fill solid 1.00 border -1
set boxwidth 0.9
plot "graphdata.rpt" u 5 t "Column 5" lc rgb "#FFD300"
plot '' u 2 t "Column 2", '' u 3 t "Column 3", '' u 4 t "Column 4"
When I plot this, all I can see is the three stacked bars. I used xtics to offset the graph, and I could see the column 5 bar graph was behind it. So, it seems that they are sitting on top of each other. Does anyone know how to fix it so they will be side by side? Thanks!