I am trying to use Ghostscript oin AIX to print pdf's and it seems I have downloaded it and all dependencys fine - install went fine, when I type any gs commnad except gs -h it just hangs..Here is what it says before the hang:
GNU Ghostscript 5.50 (2000-2-13)
Copyright (C) 1998 Aladdin Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA. All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file COPYING for details
Anyone have any thoughts?
It's not hanging, it's waiting for something to do!
If you were brave you could have typed postscript.
Try piping some postscript in as stdin.
If you want to look at pdfs, try "xpdf".
I realize I need to run an xserver, no problem, but how do I get around it wanting me to be on an xclient??or is it???All I wnat it to do is convert a simple pdf to ps and dump result in working directory..I will take it from there...
No you shouldn't need to. To convert postscript to PDF use "pdfwrite". You only need X if you want to view postscript using GhostView.
how about converting pdf to postscript?
thanks for your help