Delete first row of csv file

I have a csv file, which is > 2 Gigs. I need to BCP that file to Sybase db , but I cant upload that b'caz first row of the file is failing. ( having some errors probably.) I can manually insert the first line into db & then I can upload the rest of the data in file, if i can delete the first row.

I have a wiered solution for this.I will ftp the file on unix, & want to delete only the first row.

then I willl ftp back the file to my local & again try to upload it on sybase db.

How do i delete the first row of csv file in Unix? ( no editor is able to open that file, other wise i wouldn't need to go for such starnge way ...)

Thanks in ad !

One way -

sed '1d' oldbigfile > newbigfile

Mehta,

what is the error you are getting while bcp'ing the file?

Could you please post the error message then you may get the some posible solutions for this.

for delete the first row from the text file
use this command

$ awk 'NR>1' inputfile.txt

Thanks.