configure full duplex

How do I configure full duplex on suse 8.2

I tried

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

the above works but when I reboot the machine the configure was lost.

How do I configure full duplex so that when the machine get rebooted the configuration will stay.

My interface is Intel 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

have you tried yast?

other wise to do it manually its in some init script, youll just have to look for it, someone else here might chime in on where it is.

or, you could "duct tape" the problem...:smiley:

just put

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

in a script and have that script run after the networking script has been run.

hint: you put the script in the /etc/rc.d directory, and symlinks to run the script in /etc/rc.d/rc$.d

where $ is the desired runlevel you want the script executed in.

edit: also, dont put it in the /etc/rc.d/network script, unless you know everything that script is doing.

one more thing, you dont need a symlink for that script to be run on shut down, only on start up, as the network script will take care of "shutting down" the networking settings.

thanks for your reply

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

in startup script work but I do you configure 100mb full duplex in
/etc/modules.conf

i placed the following entry in then reboot the machine and it did not work

alias eth0 e1000
options e1000 Speed=100 Duplex=2

after modifying /etc/modules.conf do you always have to reboot machine or they is a way to send SIGHUP to /etc/modules.conf

im not sure. but you can just take it down to single user mode then bring it back to whatever run level you were at.

I did simple way

just edit /etc/rc.local

add folowing line

ethtool -s ethX speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

and reboot sys

it work greate!!!