c programming in linux

can you guys please let me know what are some of the c programming environment program? you know the ones with checking syntax and auto indentation and such..

dont want to just use vi (although someone did mention to me that in vim, there are capabilities.. but not sure how)

thanks in advance.

Try Emacs.

I mainly use vim, but as Porter suggested Emacs is good too.

If you need a full IDE, check out Kdevelop.

If you work in GUI enviropment, You will try a "JEdit" with "CodeBrowser" plugin. If you work in text base enviropment, You will try with "vi".

Best regards,
Iliyan Varshilov

I like VIM, with this ~/.vimrc

:syntax on
:set nu

It sets syntax highlighting, and sets line numbering.

Hi Please user mcedit. It is the best editor. You feel like the turbo C editor as in Windows...

If you really want a full featured, blood and guts IDE you could try the C/C++ version of eclipse. It's java so be prepared for a high cost of ownership but some people like it. I prefer vi or even kwrite.