I am running HACMP 5.4 under AIX 5.3. I need to upgrade my TSM to 5.5. 5.5 requires a fix install (IY89869) for the HACMP. I looked under both instfix and smitty to see inf the fix was installed, it was not.
I downloaded the fix, and did a preview install. I was informed that the "update all" could not find any file sets to install. From the dir listing, I compared the installed file sets to the ones downloaded and what I have installed either meets or exceeds th required sets.
I have not seen this before, but I just wanted to make sure that this means that my fix is there, just as a result of these file set levels, even wothout being in the fix database.
Thanks in advance
Mike
If I understand you correctly running
instfix -ik IY89869
returns "There was no data for IY86869 in the fix database.
While setting in the directory where you have the filesets downloaded I would just try
smitty install_latest
and F4 (ESC 4) to list the filesets it sees in the directory and notice if it has an @ beside the filesets in question. I think you have already proven that but just a double check I suppose.
If they all show to already be installed or you have newer versions than are shown then personally I would contact IBM support for guidance but someone else may have more info for you.
This would happen if there is no or no suitable .toc in the directory containing the fileset. The table of contents is created with "inutoc". Delete an existing .toc beforehand as running inutoc with an existing .toc may fail.