zfs and flash archives

i had a situation where an app i was running just didn't have enough resources on a proliant dl365 (running sol10x86). so i ended up building out a dl385g2. the dl365 had zfs root file system which was managing the whole disk (smart array taking the raid 1+0). anyway, i figured i could migrate the whole os via flash archive (obviously device tree would be rebuilt). so i created my flar and mounted it for nfs share. brought the dl385g2 up and was able to get the flar without issue. however, i ran into a situation where the flar was showing/forcing the filesystems to be ufs and NOT zfs. i couldn't figure out how to get the root fs to be zfs. did i miss something when i attempted to install from flash archive? i looked several times and did not see any options like in a standard install where you can specify UFS or ZFS for root fs.

You can create a flash archive from a system that is using ZFS, as a flash archive is just an archive of the data on the system, using cpio or pax. However, until the install software can create ZFS file systems, you cannot restore that flash archive and have an identical system

If you are using sunWjet package then you might have to include zfs module in your template.