Xstartup file failure - HELP !!

Hi, dear Experts !
I need some help, again.

Earlier in my work I experienced that one script included in '/etc/dt/config/Xstartup' file caused some serious troubles. But this is another story.
The point here is: I changed the script so that it worked again.

But... After restart of machine I realised that the "bad" script occured in Xstartup again. :eek:

Does anybody know why the modified script was replaced by the old one ? I tried to find out asking our admins, but the only thing they referred to was a file 'Xconfig', which I didn't find anything strange with.
Or am I wrong ? Perhaps there is another file/routine which replaces the Xstartup when user logs in to the machine ? In that case, where does it take the "replacement file" ? Maybe I should edit the Xstartup several places, or is it another script I need to modify ?

Could anybody send some comments ?
Thanks in advance
Dennis

nobody knows anything about this problem of mine ?
:frowning:

Dennis,

If you've not already done so, please take some time to read the forum rules - pay particular attention to rule (4).

Bumping posts is not permitted. If somebody can help you with your problem they will do so - bumping in an attempt to gain a quicker response is not allowed in these forums.

Thanks
ZB

I forgot to specify: I use Solaris 8, and Xstartup file was corrupted several times causing login problems.
But this is perhaps another issue, now I need help finding cause of the file overwrite trouble mentioned above.

Regards
Dennis