XP as a program on Unix/Linux system?

I am sure this question has been asked and answered before, also, if it is the wrong catergory, please let me know.

I would like to know how, if possible to run Unix/Linux as my operating system, and then load XP as a program? (I am open to other operating systems, but it has to be able to support XP as well.) I was thinking maybe as a separate window in the desktop, I do not want to switch between them, as a dual boot, I want Unix/Linux to be the only startup, then the XP can be closed by simply closing the window, and *poof* no more microsoft! (I used to have a program that allowed me to use this method many years ago, and it worked fine, but many of my current programs will not run with the old version of windows.. uggh.)

I absolutely dislike windows, growing worse with every minute, however I have several programs that I have to use, (and want to keep) and they as stupid as they are, will only operate in the XP background. I have an extremely fast gaming computer, with plenty of system resources, and capability, that lately with all the windows stuff, isnt so fast.

I am open to options and suggestions...

help please?

Thanks

You have several options.

I myself use VMWare Player on Linux, VMware Workstation Player | VMware

But you can use VMWare Server, What is vSphere? | Enterprise Workload Platform | VMware

QEMU, Redirection

Xen, http://www.xensource.com/

There are others as well, the virtualization software space is growing by leaps and bounds right now.

I very much prefer VirtualBox

Use QEMU!