Xming XTERM Emulation

Hello, everyone.
I have successfully installed Xming and I am using Putty to connect to AIX 6.1. I am able to run xclock etc and they display graphically well, when I execute xterm I am getting a proper aixterm window but if I type in it I get characters different than the one I typed, I do not know if this is a keyboard mapping issue or an emulation issue. I can type fine in the putty window session I have open but if I type xterm and type in the resulting xterm window I get the problem.
I hope you can point me in the right direction. Is it an AIX issue or an Xming?
Thanks.

Which characters get mixed up exactly? What does this say in the "xterm" window:

echo $TERM

I cannot get the xterm window to be typed in properly ..... I can paste the $TERM in it bu I am not successful in getting to press the enter key in that window .....

---------- Post updated at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:40 PM ----------

I got it executed ..... it returns xterm as the contents of $TERM ..... which is what I suspected , yet it does not behave like an xterm ....

---------- Post updated at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:43 PM ----------

This is what I get when I type all the alpha characters on my keyboard from q down to m from left to right (the _ stands for no character printed at all):

qqwertyuio    first line
_ASDFGHJK   second line
Z_ZXCVB    third Line 

---------- Post updated 03-29-14 at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous update was 03-28-14 at 05:57 PM ----------

Alright, I updated Xming to latest version all is working as it should now.
Thanks to all!