X2200 in reboot loop & mounting ZFS drive on other boxes

So I was patching a Solaris 10 U08 X86 X2200 box in preparation for an Oracle upgrade. Rebooted the box because the patches failed and the box will not boot successfully. I need to back up the zones on the 2 drives before going further. I pulled the drives and attempted to mount them on my Ubuntu desktop to no avail. I tried to insert them in the X2200 box on a new Solaris install and they don't show up. Connecting the drives via USB gives me no results because I can't seem to get them mounted .

Thoughts on how I can get these drives mounted before repairing the OS? I have the X2200 and plenty of SPARC boxes to play with. However, the SPARC boxes are not SATA capable and mounting the drives via USB is not working.

---------- Post updated at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:44 PM ----------

I ended up installing zfs-fuse and attaching the SATA drive to my Ubuntu box and running zfs import to get the list of what's available, importing it using zfs import pool_name -F, and am now copying it over.

What's everybody think about upgrading the corrupt Solaris 10 U08 to U09 to fix it once the backups are done?