Windows Drive Mount Fails to Refresh in RedHat

Hi all,

I have a server running Red Hat Linux 7.2 and a Windows file server. I have mounted certain paths from the Windows file server on to the Red Hat server. I can specify access privileges to folders that are visible to different users who have access to both Windows and Linux servers. However, when a new directory is created, it does not show up on the Linux server till it is restarted. If access to a folder for a user is revoked, it continues to show up for that user till the server is restarted.

This is how I have mounted the Windows shared folders on my Linux server:

//abc.com/xyz/ /home/<my_user_id>/local_mount cifs credentials=/home/<my_user_id>/.smbcredentials,uid=12345,gid=1040

The ".smbcredentials" file contains my Windows login credentials, which is needed for me to access the Windows file server path.

"xyz" is the parent path, and it contains many data folders. Whenever a new data folder is added to the "xyz" path, it doesn't appear in the mounted location specified above:

/home/<my_user_id>/local_mount

... till the Linux server is restarted.

I have tried unmounting and remounting the drive to the local path, but to no avail. Is there a solution for refreshing the mounted path without having to restart the server every time to see the newly added data folders?