Why Bash is not working in HP-UX ?

Why Bash is not working in HP-UX ?
What is similiar exe which is in HP_UX as Bash?

I don't know anything about HP-UX, but is bash installed ?

Check whether bash is installed

which bash

Alternative shells

/usr/bin/sh
/usr/bin/csh
/usr/bin/ksh

i checked which bash ...
it is giving no bash ..< directories>

How to setup .profile file ?
i got login credential for one of new development box (HP-UX)
And ctrl+c is not working to cut the program which is wrongly executed ...
i think .profile has to set properly for all the common operation...

Bash is not installed on HP-UX by default. Also bash is not officially supported, you will not get help from HP Support if problems with it arise. f you do install bash, make absolutely sure that you do not change the default shell for root. The root shell must be /sbin/sh. If it is anything else you could make your system unbootable.

If you really want to go ahead and install bash, you can find a binary here: Porting And Archive Centre For HP-UX

What version of HP-UX do you have?
No version of HP-UX comes with "bash". Depending on your version there are ways to get the source and compile it.
In every release since HP-UX 11.00 /sbin/sh hs been the Posix Shell (not the Bourne Shell). See "man sh" for the list of standard shells.

Version is HP-UX B.11.11 .

---------- Post updated at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:51 PM ----------

Or if u have .profile or .cshrc / .exrc / .login / .profile setup files to work as linux . i.e up/down arrows , delete, home, end , pageUp,pageDown , move of history (commands) ......... Need to make setup to work like Linux.

With a standard installed HP-UX 11.11 it is not possible to make the command prompt behave exactly like Linux in the manner you describe without downloading and compiling the "bash" shell which is totally non-standard on a unix platform. Do so at your own risk on an expendable test platform. Do not try this on a production system under any circumstances.

As has been warned in many posts should you decide to install "bash" on a unix platform do not whatsoever under any circumstances change the shell for any system account to "bash". Your system will probably become unbootable.

This may be a good moment to reflect that Linux and unix are different.

Ironic, considering it's closer to a real POSIX shell than a lot of other defaults.

The default Shell (/usr/bin/sh) with HP-UX is pretty close to full Posix. It is not a Bourne Shell. However the command recall with arrow keys seems impossible to get working.
Other correspondents may have a solution ....