Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone.

I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows Vista. How do I find out which version of Vista can be installed with this product key, or can both 32-bit or 64-bit version be installed? I couldn't find information about a Windows Vista product key on google.

Any idea?

I seem to remember you can chose whichever version you like to install. I would not install either of them, because Windows Vista is out of support (like Windows XP) and if you go onto the Internet with that you are just asking for trouble. Perhaps you can upgrade it to Windows 10 (or switch to Linux :slight_smile: )

The reason I want to Install Vista is that it has a Vista product key at the bottom. Can I upgrade it to Windows 7 after installing Vista on it?

I managed to install Windows 7 Home 32-bit. How would I activate it legally? The product code I have is for Windows Vista..

It seems to me you need to buy a license.