Which Vaccinations Are You Current (Up to Date)? (CDC, US Immunizations 2009)

According to the attached Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule by the US Center for Disease Control (CDC), there are 10 primary immunizations adults should consider. I will add A(H1N1) to the mix to make it 11.

Please select all in the poll that you are current and up to date. For example, the seasonal flu is one shot annual. Heb A and B are a series of shots. So, only answer yes if you are up-to-date (or started the series and will complete soon.)

You can also answer yes if you are natually immune due to age or prior exposure (like chicken pox or H1N1, etc).

You have Hepatitis A twice. :confused:

Thanks! Fixed :smiley:

---------- Post updated at 12:11 ---------- Previous update was at 11:55 ----------

Note: You can change your vote if you get new immunizations.

For example, I am considering getting A(H1N1) if "they" ever make it available in the region I live... but so far only the "elite" can get it (government PMs, parliament members, royalty, etc....)...... Vaccinations based on social status..... hahahaha.

I added a few because I have a few non standard ones due to travel requirements. I didn't add malaria since that is a continuous immunization.

For travel specific immunizations, we should also add Typhoid and Japanese Encephalitis (JE).

You left out smallpox.

Actually some years back I read a book called biohazard authored by a russian scientist suppose to be an expert on bioweapons.

When they announced the eradication of smallpox around the 70's and stopped producing smallpox vaccines, the communists during the coldwar started producing and stockpiling smallpox agents and keeping them in their warheads. So those born after 80's or 90's .... well sorry guys. (,

In my first post, the plan was to only list the basic immunizations for adults recommended by the US CDC.

I am going to change the poll and go back to the original intent' which is not to list every disease under the sun (in this particular survey).

For the purpose of this poll/survey/discussion are following the general US CDC recommendations for adults, 2009. Smallpox is not recommended.

---------- Post updated at 08:09 ---------- Previous update was at 06:45 ----------

Poll changed back to original intend to follow the CDC recommendations (general) for US immunizations.

For travel and geographic related immunizations, we will start another poll in the future.

Also, see attached.

---------- Post updated at 08:19 ---------- Previous update was at 08:09 ----------

According to the US CDC, smallpox immunization is not recommended for the general public:

I voted chicken pox because I had it as a child - I would vote for smallpox as I am the generation where it had been mandantory in my country. That's it.
I am not against it but I am allergic against everything. My last pertussis vaccination - I think I had been anywhere in my 20ies - almost killed me due to anaphylactic shock. That made me pretty careful.
If I am going to a high-risk-area I will probably have to get the mandantory immunizations - so I simply dont go to these places any more.

I don't see a way to do that except perhaps using my Admin ability to edit the poll. :confused:

It is working again now:

The reason was that we lost the "change vote" feature when I disabled write-ins (to keep this poll pegged to the CDC attachment).

PS: So, please don't write any any more vaccines in this poll, so we can keep this poll pegged to the CDC PDF (attached before) but permit vote changes.

Your list is interesting. Several times in past few days I was offered a vaccine against "Pneumonia". Well my doctor never mentioned that and I was totally locked in "get h1n1" mode so I didn't even want to talk about other vaccines. This morning I got to thinking about it and I realized that I have always considered pneumonia to be a symptom not a single disease. Wilipedia seems to agree "Treatment depends on the cause of pneumonia; bacterial pneumonia is treated with antibiotics." Maybe it was that "Pneumococcal (polysaccharide)" thing? If not I wonder what it was? (And yes, I realize now that I should have asked the nurses who were pushing it.)

I recently took the Pneumococcal (polysaccharide) - Pneumonia vaccine. It is a lot of extra antibodies for very little money. Better to have a lot of friendly antibodies in reserve. It is easy and cheap.

Many folks, from what I read, get Pneumonia when the are in the hospital for something else..... a different infection, an accident, etc.

Actually, according to the CDN PDF file, I am not in the risk group that need the Pneumonia vaccine, but since I travel overseas a lot, I think it is a good idea anyway. I think I paid around $30 USD for my shot.

Small money. Lots of friendly antibodies looking after me :smiley: