Where Are the Games?

Hi!
I'm new to the site, and today I clicked on "Banking", curious as to what that was about. Aside from being able to "buy" things with these points, it appears there are some games available, on which you can wager your points. While I could access the "high scores", I could not find the location of the games themselves through a search, nor do I see a link anywhere.
It's probably right in front of my face, but would someone be kind enough to show me where to access these games? I'm hoping one of them is a craps game!
TIA!

i think the arcade got canceld some time ago...

1 Like

The games fell by the wayside a few months back if I recall; they were almost never used.

What 'banking' mostly amounts to is a metric of user activity. There are bit costs and rewards for doing various things here. Creating a thread in the Emergency Forum costs bits, creating threads elsewhere earns you bits, posting earns you bits, answering someone else's post in the emergency forum earns extra bits, etc, etc.

We're still hopeful we can set up an "economy" of bits, i.e. being able to exchange them for various virtual services. The emergency forum is one example but we're open to more ideas.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder.

We need to insure that, since we removed the arcade/game section (for security reasons), we need to insure the Bits wording is updated.

I just checked the banking area about where to spend bits and it says:

... I don't recall where the Arcade, which we removed recently, is listed a part of the Bits area. In fact, I don't recall the Arcade Games tied to the Bits system at all :confused:

There used to be Bits lotteries and the like, though, the 'bits club'.

All of that still exists:

The UNIX and Linux Forums - Bits Club Statistics

The old gaming arcade was completely different that the Bits Club area.

1 Like

I believe that's how I came across it - through the statistics.

I'm still not following you.... the Arcade games are not the same as the Bits Clubs games. The Arcade games are gone; and they were never tied to the Bits Club games, which are still active.

Let me re-phrase my question then: Where are the Bits Club Games?

Well, I'm still not following you.

I posted a link to the game earlier:

http://www.unix.com/bitsclub.php

It is not obvious that the links to games are there in the links on the left side?

No, I don't see them at all. When I click the link you provide, '?do=sportspool' is added to the URL, and I see Event Prediction as in the attached screen shot. If I click on the bits club link, top left, I get the stats page, but nowhere can I access any of the games themselves, (see second screenshot). I can't see how I could be missing it, but I have missed bigger things before.

Well, when I click on the link provided, nothing is added to the link and it works fine:

http://www.unix.com/bitsclub.php

So, you might have an issue with your browser cache. Just remove the query string and go do the link provided.

(Edit: See below)

PS: You are posting this in the wrong forum. The correct place to post these types of support questions to the team is here:

Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators - The UNIX and Linux Forums

(Thread Moved)

OK. I see that there is a problem from your account now.

Will take a look a get back to you.

OK... should be working now... for some odd reason, registered users were redirected to the sportspool / event prediction page.

This has been changed / fixed.

Thanks for pointing this out.