What update level included fcinfo?

Hi all first post here.
quick question what Solaris 10 update level included this utility?
I have a bunch of Sun boxes at varying levels of Solaris 10 some have it some do not.
When I do my install I take the full option for the packages to install on all the systems.

thanks in advance... Mike

:confused::confused:With the introduction of Solaris 10, storage management has changed considerably. The storage foundation kit is now integrated into the base OS, the leadville driver has been expanded to include HBAs from Emulex, JNI and Qlogic, and the fcinfo utility as well as several mdb DCMDS were added to view fibre channel connectivity information. fcinfo is especially useful, since it provides a tool with the base Operating System to view HBA and connectivity information.
Maybe can you compare the /etc/release of your servers and update us?:cool:

Thanks for the reply I was able to find the update level and also the patch that has the binary it was this one 120348-03.

Thanks again
mike

This one did not have fcinfo
cat /etc/release
Solaris 10 3/05 s10_74L2a SPARC
Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Assembled 22 January 2005

this one did
cat /etc/release
Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC
Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Assembled 27 October 2008

Oh boy..:stuck_out_tongue:

cat /etc/release
Solaris 10 3/05 s10_74L2a SPARC
Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Assembled 22 January 2005

This is such an old release. I have not even used that before. Maybe, it really doesn't work with that??.... I dont know :rolleyes:

Maybe you should go for a Live Upgrade :smiley:

the fcinfo from the patch works with no problem on that release.
I need to update all my systems but I work for a software house and I need to have the odd systems that we might find out in the field.
we have just about all the major versions of all the OS's.

Mike.