What is the best practice?

I'm playing the shell game of moving and deleting files to make room for current DB backup. A set of files gets moved to serverB when serverA threshold is exceeded. I created two scripts one for serverA and one for serverB. Both scripts are run by cron entry. There is a difference of 12 minutes between the servers. I'm trying to get that question answer from the senior admin as to why the time difference. ServerA will fire at a predetermine time "sleep xxx" to allow serverB read a file sent from serverA. The file is capacity of filesystem u06. If file exceeds threshold delete files on serverB.

My question is there a better way to run the scripts due to time difference? My thought is to invoke serverB script from serverA script. How can I fire off serverB script from serverA script?

You may try something like this:

#!/bin/sh

# Your code here

#Here you start the script
ssh $SERVER_NAME script_b.sh

#This should also do the job:
ssh $SERVER_NAME <<EOF
  script_b.sh
  exit
EOF

#And then rm what you want to rm

This way you will start script B immediately after script_a and when script_b is finished you can delete your files (from script_a).

If I understand you correctly, create another script to run both scripts. That's way too cool! This has been a great week learning new things with scripting. Thanks.

Actually my point was to call script_b from script_a. And the code up there was meant for script_a. But of course there is no problem to create new script to call both of them.

Gottcha! The light bulb turned on after I sent the post. After several hours of testing (due to VPN issues) I got it to work. Thanks again.