What are these messages mean?

Hi friends

I have receive these messages from spaer administrator but I don't understand what is that mean
if any one knows that please help my

Feb 18 05:08:33 spad unix: WARNING: /SUBS@1F,0/SUNW,fas@e,8800000/st@4,0 (st4):
Feb 18 05:08:33 spad unix: ~Error for Command: write Error Level: Fatal
Feb 18 05:08:33 spad unix: ~Reuested Block: 6406 Error Block: 6406
Feb 18 05:08:33 spad unix: ~Vendor: EXABYTE Serial Number:
Feb 18 05:08:33 spad unix: ~Sense Key: Media Error
Feb 18 05:08:33 spad unix: ~ASC: 0x3 (<vendor unique code 0x3>), ASCQ: 0x2, FRU: 0x0

seems a harddisk has errors... check it with "iostat -eE".

hth,
DN2

A SCSI (disk) device is reporting a write failure.

Tape drive error.

You have an Exabyte tape drive?

*Might* just be a bad tape.

yes my friend I have EXABYTE drive.
what can I do.

change the tape or use a cleaning tape?

What model Exabyte is it?

Some tape drives will tell you when they need a cleaning, many won't. If not, you should clean it after a certain number of uses, depending on the type of drive. (Or perhaps "once a month" if that's close enough...)

Do you get those error messages every time you use the tape drive, or just with one tape? If it's only with one tape, obviously throw that tape out.

Also - many people back up to tape but never bother to test their tapes. It's worth checking occasionally to see if your tape backups really do work. (Carefully! You don't want to accidently restore old files from a tape over newer files on your disk drives.)

Hi all

this tape model which I have, it can tell me if it needs cleaning

anyway my friends I have changed that tape and thank you so much for your advices.

Could be drive dirty, put cleaning tape or tape media having problem try replacing to another tape.

But then again could be firmware problems maybe need to flash update the drives have to get exabyte support in to check.

Hi,

These problems seems to be with your Tape Drive (Exabyte), even it also display there are some fatal errors in writing in very speecific Error Block 6406, so make sure your disk is corrupted or not, if it needs to be cleaned. Try sending this ASC: 0x3 (<vendor unique code 0x3>), ASCQ: 0x2, FRU: 0x0 to vendor.

Regards

just pullout the tape drive and connect it agin dats it.may b u will out of error