Websockets proxy on CentOS Linux?

I need to setup a proxy that will sit in front of a websockets server and proxy websockets communication both to and from the server. There will only be one specific client trying to access this server using the websockets protocol. We can configure the proxy settings for port and IP on the client. How can I do this on Centos 6.3? They need this ASAP, so detailed config would be appreciated.

Well, most simple tcp protocols like http and websockets should run fine with port forwarding using iptables or tcp_relay or with iptables or other firewall NAT if just the host needs to change. The method for tcp_relay is to listen on the firewall or other exposed host on port A and for every connection, make a new connection to host B port C and a processs to shuffle data to and from the sockets. NAT and iptables work at the packet level, just rewriting and forwarding packets.

I recall an article came through just recently of someone who wanted to prot forward. Google is your friend if you know the key words. There are many tutorials out there.

You can use haproxy .......

Please go through the following article.
Configure HAProxy on CentOS/RHEL 5/6 - TecAdmin.net

Definitely giving this a try